Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

Posted by Sarah at 11:52
The Future of Us
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.

By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.



What I thought:

I read Jay Asher Thirteen Reasons Why and LOVED it! So when I saw his name on this awesome cover! I tried not to jump up and down, because, that will make me look crazy, and I do that enough without jumping, but I ended up jumping because my favorite bookstore was having a sale, and I ended up buying  NINE books with a 50% discount! Including this one! BEST DAY EVER! I even had a nice Ice cream afterwards! * Mmmm Ice cream! *

Back after some ice cream ;) anyways, as much as I wanted to read this book as soon as possible, I don't know how it ended up under a HUGE pile of books and I hand't noticed it until, eeerm, lets say dusting? * major cleaning was involved!* I started reading this book last year! and finished it this year! HUH! Gotcha! I started it 31st December and finished it 1st January. I had no trouble reading it, ( had a bad horrible experience reading a book called ** (From Ashes ) seriously, don't read it, it's horrible!** But Josh and Emma were easy to like, adorable, and believable, I felt that I would definitively do what Emma did, and try to change my future to my liking, and Josh reactions are  totally what a teen boy would do! So, it was check check on the realistic side.

But  when I got to the final chapters, I found myself looking for something more, it was missing something that would make me go, WOW, and unfortunately, it ended without any wowing!   Although I loved the idea, Facebook when I was 17 would have saved me from a lot of stupid things! like that ex I was dating *what was I thinking* it just didn't grow anywhere from a good idea, the book I mean, it went as I expected and I hate it when it goes that way, I just needed something to make it better! 

Don't get me wrong, it was nice and all, just not a book that would stick with you, nothing like Thirteen Reasons Why, I know it's not fair to compare them, but I never said I play fair ;)



3/5 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Rhythms and Reviews Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review