Wednesday 23 January 2013

Slated by Teri Terry

Posted by Sarah at 07:39
Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?







My thoughts

Who wouldn't want a clear slate! You were you forget all the bad things that happened and all the bad decisions earsed from your mind, "like that weak of an excuse of a human called ex-boyfriend" and "that  bad hair cut, gah! so bad", but maybe it's just me, I  would want to selectively erase some stuff that happened over the years...

But again, all these stuff that happened makes me I am now, what would I be without my memories.
In slated it seems, Kyla gets to see for herself, she is a blank page, but as with all YA novels, there is always something "different" about her, she doesn't act, as newly slated teens should! I'm starting to think, that no teen acts the way they should! Oh yeah! it's called adolescence! silly me O.o
anyways, from the minute you meet Kyla, to get to see the world from a new slated teen, who are giving a new chance at living, after they've done some horrible stuff, which they are not suppose to do, she moves to a new family, with a father who is not there most of the time (some parent has to out of the picture so these YA storied can work, you know! ) a mother who seems tough and full of secrets, and  a happy slated sister. So far nothing remarkable, she meets this hot guy, nothing new there as well, and guess what! he is slated too! And being the different girl she is, she stumbles on some secrets that the government doesn't want her to know, and she drag the cute boy with her. yeah yeah, I know, it's all been done before, that was what I thought as well.

But you see, I didn't exactly hate Kyla, not I liked her, while she can get boring sometimes, there was something about her, that kept me reading, I just wanted to know what a boring girl like her, did so she gets slated, you wonder, if she was this boring before she was slated, the cute boy was boring as well, but I have to admit, he did surprise me at the end.

There were a lot of answers I needed, but the book ended before I had any. Annoying!
 I don't even know if I'll be reading the next book. It just wasn't captivating enough for me, no witty convos, no funny jokes, no kissy scenes, no bad boy loving. just this annoying itch to know what got boring ole Kyla slated!!

 2/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Rhythms and Reviews Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review