Sunday 3 February 2013

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Posted by Sarah at 06:43


Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’




My Thoughts

I read this one as soon I finished Slammed. I must admit, I was a little disappointed when I finished that book, and not because I was expecting more "habba habba" scenes! Not at all! OK! Fine! It's because I wanted hotty Will kisses and more ;)



But seriously, that wasn't the only reason ,the main reason was, and hard as it will be to believe, it was that, *drum roll* that I… I….



I…HATED WILL!



I did, I'm sorry all you Will fans. But I found him whiny and clingy, and with no balls WHAT SO EVER! *Hmmm maybe that explains the no hotty scenes!!*, the way he handled the situation with Lake, reminded me of how obsessed Bella was with Edward * don't get me wrong, I loved Twilight, still do, but I'm an honest straight up woman! I admit the things that are wrong in things I love* for someone who sound so mature and grounded, Will behaved like a cat in heat! All claws and moans.



The whole book, in my opinion, could've been added like some extra chapters, to the first one, I saw no real ordeal, no need for the fuss little Lake did, seriously! A kiss on the forehead?? That lead into the whole insecurity she had boiled up inside to go in flames?? At least throw some hotty scenes to make things more believable. Yeah, I'm kind of irritated of the whole ( lets wait years for sex) some authors try to in force, I'm not saying that it's not possible to happen in real life, but some authors go into weird manners to accomplish Sexual abstinence. I didn't find it convincing that two young adults, living with no parents, would wait a year to have sex for the first year of their relationship! Call me crazy, but that shit was wack!



I'm sorry Hoover! I really wanted to like this book, as much as loved Slammed, this was not a book I enjoyed at all.



But hey, you win some, you lose some! I still have hope for you Hoover! I really do.



1/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Rhythms and Reviews Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review